Did you know that the mattress that you sleep on, plays a major role in your sleep health? Moreover, most of the best quality mattresses are highly expensive; however, we believe that everyone deserves an uninterrupted sleep. That’s why you have landed on the ideal page where we bring you every detail about the mattress under 1000.
- A good night’s sleep on a soft and luxurious mattress is one of the best things money can buy, but not everyone can afford to be extravagant on a mattress.
- Thankfully, the present-day bedding market is brimming with options. Thus, it’s easy to find the best mattresses under $1000.
- Nevertheless, you need to be cautious when you plan to buy a mattress without breaking the bank.
- Highly-priced mattresses ensure comfort and durability. So, when buying a budget mattress, you need to understand how firmness, brand, and materials can influence these mattresses’ quality.
Don’t worry! We have done all the legwork for you and have prepared a guide to buying the best mattress under 1000.
We go through the features as well as the benefits of each mattress. You are sure to find the ideal and best mattress for under 1000 dollars from our product list.
- Vaya Mattress: Best Overall Mattress
- Zoma Mattress: Best Memory Foam Mattress
- Amerisleep AS2: Best Medium-Firm Mattress
- Nest Robin Flippable Hybrid: Best Dual-Sided Mattress
- Nectar Memory Foam: Most Versatile Mattress
- Tuft & Needle Original: Best King Size Mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature: Best Hybrid Mattress
- Bear Mattress: Best All-Foam Mattress
- Layla Mattress: Best Soft Mattress
- Purple Mattress: Best Mattress for Combination Sleepers
- Casper Element: Best Mattress for Back Pain
The Best Mattresses Under $1000 in 2022
1. Vaya Mattress: Best Overall Mattress
Our favorite mattress under $1000 is the Vaya Mattress. This bed has a versatile medium firmness that most sleepers find comfortable and supportive. It is also durable and made with high-quality, non-toxic foam certified by CertiPUR-US®, so it is safe for all sleepers, even those with severe allergies.
The Vaya is available for an affordable price, perfect for those on a tight budget. A queen size Vaya costs just under $599. This price includes a 10-year warranty, free shipping, and a 100-night sleep trial to help you make sure the Vaya is right for you.
The following are some of our favorite features of the Vaya Mattress.
- Affordable price point without sacrificing quality.
- Microfiber cover with airflow channels to keep the mattress cool and inviting.
- Vaya comfort foam is conforming and has a slight bounce to prevent excess sinking and the uncomfortable sensation of being “stuck” in the mattress. This feature is ideal for plus-size sleepers who tend to experience over-sinking that can force the spine out of alignment.
- Foam layers are made with an open-cell structure to prevent heat-trapping.
- Stable foam base keeps you supported and prevents structural defects such as sagging.
- Can be paired with most modern bed frames, including slatted foundations, platform beds, and adjustable beds.
- 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
When shopping for a quality mattress on a tight budget, we suggest starting with Vaya. In addition to their all-foam model, they also offer an affordable hybrid mattress that has a bit more bounce than their original model. For a queen size, the Vaya Hybrid is only $699!
2. Zoma Mattress: Best Memory Foam Mattress
Traditional memory foam mattresses tend to trap heat and moisture, causing the bed to heat up and become uncomfortable. However, many brands now use a cooling gel infusion to prevent this. Our favorite gel memory foam mattress under $1000 in the Zoma Mattress.
This bed has a medium firmness that works well for most sleep positions and body types, including heavier sleepers and petite sleepers. The Zoma Mattress comes with the following features and benefits.
- Gel-infused memory foam to comate heat-retention, perfect for hot sleepers and those who experience night sweats.
- A perforated cover allows body heat to quickly escape the mattress without causing it to overheat.
- Triangulex™ technology supports the lumbar spine and promotes a neutral spine while cushioning the joints to prevent pressure points.
- Transition layer made with Zoma’s Reactiv™ foam, a latex-like material with a slight bounce. This responsive material prevents over-sinking and keeps the spine from curving unnaturally during sleep.
- Support+ foam in the base of the Zoma guards against sagging and indentations.
- All foam layers are certified by CertiPUR-US® to be non-toxic and safe for you and your family.
When shopping with Zoma, they offer free-shipping, free returns, and a 100-night sleep trial that allows you to test out the mattress in the comfort of your own home. They also offer a 10-year warranty that covers sagging greater than an inch.
3. Amerisleep AS2: Best Medium-Firm Mattress
Amerisleep has created their line of mattresses in various firmness levels—from soft to firm. Each model is designed to support a different sleep position and body type. Their AS2 mattress is their medium-firm model and is perfect for back and select stomach sleepers.
With very little give, this mattress ensures the hips and shoulders remain lifted on the mattress, rather than sunk. With the body aligned, the spine can rest in a neutral position and the muscles can fully relax.
Below, we breakdown why the Amerisleep AS2 is one of the best firm mattresses under $1000.
- Medium-firm feel prevents over-sinking and promotes a healthy, neutral spinal position.
- 2-inch Bio-Pur® plant-based comfort foam retains less heat and moisture than traditional memory foam.
- The ultra-soft stretch knit cover is ventilated to increase airflow and prevent heat-trapping.
- Bio-Pur® is eco-friendly and certified by CertiPUR-US® to be free of toxic additives and chemicals.
- Affinity transition foam features targeted support from HIVE® technology.
- Stable Bio-Core® base foam is resistant to sagging and indentations. This material also limited motion transfer and makes getting in and out of bed more comfortable.
- Comes with a generous 20-year warranty and 100-night sleep trial.
If you are looking for a high-quality firm mattress under $1000, you can’t go wrong with the AS2.
5. Nest Robin Flippable Hybrid: Best Dual-Sided Mattress
When it comes to the best mattresses under $1000 it’s all about beds that make the most of what they offer. And it’s hard to do better than a mattress that has two sides with completely different feels, like the Nest Robin.
The Nest Robin consists of a medium and a firm side. The medium conforms well to side and combination sleepers, while stomach and back sleepers may find the firm side suits their needs better.
Let’s take an in-depth look at the Robin’s two-in-one construction.
- An inch of a quilted foam cover for comfort.
- An underlying inch of Cooling Visco Gel Support Foam for breathable relief.
- Six inches of pocketed coils, with every coil wrapped to increase motion isolation. The wrapping also help the coils retract silently as you move, keeping squeaks and creaks from disturbing your rest.
- The reverse firm side starts off with an inch of high-density base foam, structuring the mattress.
- The final layer is another inch of quilted foam cover.
Shoppers sensitive to that “new mattress smell” can also appreciate that Nest lets all their foams air out in the factory. This gives any VOCs time to break down, significantly lowering the chances of any smells lingering by the time the mattress arrives at your home.
Plus, Nest offers a 100-night sleep trial and the security of a lifetime warranty with the Robin. This is a bed that can offer quite a lot for your investment.
What’s the Best Aspect? We have to give credit to the versatility of a mattress with medium and firm sides. It’s excellent if you want a mattress for a guest room or simply want to experiment with what’s most comfortable for you.
6. Nectar Memory Foam: Most Versatile Mattress
If you like sinking, hugging, as well as the conventional feel of a mattress, you are simply going to love Nectar.
It’s an impressive mattress that comes with great design and comes out of high-performance materials. It is a great combination of quality features as well as saving. That’s how it earns its reputation as an excellent value mattress. One of the most extenuating features of the mattress is its capacity to relieve pressure.
- Nectar’s top two layers use high-quality memory foam to contour the body to do away with the impact at the hips and shoulder.
- It ensures the spine is in alignment. The top memory foam layer comes encrusted in memory foam, and the other layer is soaked in the cooling gel to reduce heat retention.
- The foam layers are great for motion isolation. Thus, if you are a couple looking for the best mattress under $1000, this is the best choice.
- Extra foam layers follow the memory foam layer. Nectar uses the Adaptive High Core foam, a kind of poly foam.
- It makes the mattress bouncy, keeping the memory foam from sinking as well as losing its structure.
- The end layer comes with high-density support foam. It gives stability as well as height to the mattress.
- When it comes to firmness, Nectar stands at six on the scale. So, you can expect a medium-firm feel.
- No matter what is your weight is as well as what your sleeping position, it’s highly comfortable.
- The contouring memory foam layers offer great support to your body. It the perfect sleeping companion for anybody.
Most of the products under the best king mattress under 1000 come with short sleep trials or warranties. However, that’s something you don’t have to worry about with Nectar. It’s the only brand that offers a 365 night’s sleep trial. What’s more? You get to enjoy a lifetime warranty. So, in case of defects, you know you have a cover. Altogether, it offers a seamless, comfortable, and cool sleeping experience.
What’s the Best Aspect? It is a low-risk investment. Apart from the 365-night trial period, you can also enjoy free shipping and return.
7. Tuft & Needle Original: Best King Size Mattress
Tuft & Needle is a quality foam mattress that is a great option for shoppers on a budget. The brand has a proven track record. Thus, this mattress makes it to our list of the best bed under 1000.
The primary feature of the mattress that draws buyers towards is the Adaptive Foam Comfort layer. It uses polyfoam to nail the benefits of latex, as well as foam. The mattress has moderate contouring that can offer relief to the prime pressure points simultaneously.
- Tuft & Needle comes with efficacious motion isolation as well as allows enough airflow that prevents the mattress from heating up.
- It’s a great option for the stomach as well as back sleepers.
- The mattress’s Adaptive Foam layer is 3 inches thick as well as comes with a 7-inch layer of polyfoam. Thus, it has a total height of 10-inch. Its simple design attracts many customers.
- On the firmness scale, it stands at 6.5. So, it is the range of medium-firm mattresses. The third-party certifications of the mattress, it is a safe option.
- We can also ensure its nominal gassing odors.
We are big advocates of this mattress like everyone else. It’s well built, comfortable, as well as budget-friendly. Since it accommodates all types of sleepers, it is the most popular mattress online.
What’s the Best Aspect? Albeit, it’s an all-foam mattress, it excels at cooling. The graphite upper layer draws away heat from the body.
8. Brooklyn Bedding Signature: Best Hybrid Mattress
Most of the hybrids climb over the price range of $1000 because of the material quality. But Brooklyn Bedding has made sure to save customers some money by providing a hybrid mattress at an affordable price.
Signature is a new model launched by Brooklyn Bedding. The mattress offers incredible performance with a price point of only $949 for a queen size mattress. There are no two ways about the fact that it offers the best queen mattress under 1000. It offers extreme comfort.
- Brooklyn Bedding has been in business since 1941 and knows how to use its experience in mattress design and manufacturing to innovate and improve its foam offerings.
- It is exactly what you see in its Signature mattress. It’s made of two types of foam as well as has a 4-inch comfort system.
- Usually, innerspring hybrids offer great cooling because of the ventilated spring. The signature’s top layer comes from TitanFlex polyfoam that is 2-inch thick. It is a latex-like foam that has many beneficial features.
- The polyfoam contours to cushion the body, as well as this, facilitates spinal alignment. However, this doesn’t take away from its bounciness and allows you to move on the mattress with complete ease.
- TitanCool Phase Change Material used in signature absorbs as well as fritters away heat for maintaining a stable temperature.
- Its second layer comes with a 2-inch of Energex foam that makes it extra resilient to ensure the sleeping surface doesn’t sag or become weak.
- The best part about Brooklyn Bedding Signature is you can choose from three different levels of firmness, Firm-8, Medium-6, as well as Soft-4.
- A majority of the sleepers prefer medium, but if you are a back or stomach sleeper, the Firm is the right choice. No matter which firmness level you choose, the price is going to be the same.
You can place the order for the mattress as well as enjoy free shipping to your doorstep. It offers 120-days of sleep trial. In case it doesn’t work, you can easily return it. However, you have to keep the mattress for at least 30-days before returning it. Just like every other mattress of this brand, it comes with a 10-year warranty.
What’s the Best Aspect? The pocketed coil ensures it offers optimum spinal alignment to help you sleep better. It ventilates the heat away from the body that makes it an effective choice for people sleeping hot.
9. Bear Mattress: Best All-Foam Mattress
There’s a lot to love about Bear Mattress. The brand has specially designed it for people with an active lifestyle.
In case you are worried that your low budget will limit your options when it comes to mattresses with special features, the Bear Mattress will come as a surprise. The design of the mattress is resilient and supportive. Its cover comes out of remarkable fiber that regulates temperature and helps your body to recover faster.
- Bear Mattress’s cover comes with Celliant, a new material. The material converts heat from your body to infrared energy. Also, the mattress will dissipate heat by transferring it back to your body.
- This oxygenation process helps your body to recover faster and enhances blood circulation.
- Athletes looking for a good and comfortable mattress and choose Bear Mattress.
- However, the benefits of the mattress don’t stop at its cover. Its top layer is memory foam that is graphite-gel infused.
- Thus, it conforms to your body without an extortionate sink that leads to significant pressure relief. Supplementing the Celliant cover effect, the graphite gel helps in curbing the heat build-up.
- The foam comes with good motion isolation properties. So, one person moving on one side of the mattress doesn’t disrupt the other person sleeping on the other side. Thus, it’s a perfect choice for couples.
- Bear Mattress’s second foam layer is just like latex.
- It provides the required bounce.
- The second layer, along with the transition polyfoam, keeps you from feeling stuck on the bed. Bear mattress has a high-density polyfoam layer that serves as its core.
It stands at 6.5 on the firmness scale. Thus, people of all sleeping positions will find comfort in this mattress. The Celliant cover, combined with the pressure relief option, makes it an attractive option for people with back pain. It’s the cover that makes it popular among the masses.
When you buy the mattress, you are going to receive a 100-night sleep trial.
What’s the Best Aspect? The infusion of graphite gel is its biggest draw as it keeps you cool and comfortable.
10. Layla Mattress: Best Soft Mattress
Out of all the mattresses we list here, the Layla is one of two that is flippable and double-sided. It is what makes it stand out from the rest. Layla proves that you can get the best mattress under $1000.
Layla comes with a reversible top cove. What’s more, you can enjoy two different firmness levels on each side. One side of the mattress is 7-8 on the firmness scale, this is significantly more Firm, and the other side is 4-5 on the firmness scale, making it relatively soft.
So, if you have to change the firmness level, just flip the mattress. Test out both sides to know which is right for you.
- Each side of the mattress has memory foam infused with copper with 3.5 pounds per cubic foot density.
- The firm layer is 1 inch thick, and you will find it resting on the support core made of high-density polyfoam of 4.5-inch thickness.
- On the softer side, it has 3.5-inch memory foam with a 2-inch transition polyfoam layer that separates it from the support core.
- Layla mattress’s cover comes with a Thermogel matter that can release heat. Unlike traditional memory foam bed mattresses,
- Layla’s copper infusion counters heat retention.
Both sides of the bed compress to cushion pressure points. So, you don’t wake up the next morning with a neck or back pain. The material can reduce motion transfer. Hence, you can snooze without any disturbance when someone moves on the other end of the bed.
Layla available at $899 includes free shipping to your doorstep. Moreover, you get to enjoy 120 nights of sleep trial.
What’s the Best Aspect? Two different firmness levels on two sides make it out favorite.
11. Purple Mattress: Best Cooling Mattress
Purple is the unique mattress under $1000. The best feature is the proprietary that forms the bed’s top layer. Long before the company thought about creating a mattress, they came up with Hyper-Elastic Polymer and made sure to patent it.
- The mattress’s Hyper-Elastic Polymer makes it supportive and also pressure relieving. The purple mattress provides great airflow and responsiveness.
- Its motion isolation makes sure you don’t get disturbed by the movement of others on the other side of the bed.
- The mattress is just 10-inch thick and comes with a foam support core. It offers the best support and comfort.
- Purple can neutralize the body temperature without trapping heat.
- In case you are looking for something other than coils or memory foam, Purple Mattress is your best bet.
The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty that covers 1-inch or more sagging and a 100-day sleeping trial. So, if you don’t find it comfortable, you can return it.
What’s the Best Aspect? The new Hyper-Elastic Polymer relieves pressure, no matter What Is Your Sleeping Position?
12. Casper Element: Best Mattress for Back Pain
Casper Element has been the crusader in the industry of bed-in-a-box mattresses. It is the best mattress under $1000 that comes with 3-layer memory foam. So, even if you have a tight budget, there’s no need to sacrifice the mattress’s quality features.
It’s the best choice for people who love memory foam mattresses but tend to sleep hot. Albeit, the mattress is all-foam, it will ventilate heat easily through the breathable cover and the ventilated cover.
- Since the memory foam doesn’t form the bed’s top layer, it won’t get too hot or get as hot as the other mattresses.
- The mattress comes with motion isolation technology that works great to keep you sound asleep all night.
- What’s the Best Aspect? Its medium firmness ensures it’s good for all sleeping positions, particularly for back and side sleepers. It easily conforms to the body curves and offers the support you need.
While choosing the best mattress, remember the price tag is not the only thing that you should consider. You need to take a few important qualities into account when you buy the product.
In case you are not sure what you look for, here’s a shopping guide for you.
Type Of Mattress
There are different types of mattresses in the market. Let’s take a look.
- Memory Foam: These come out of memory foam. If you like the feeling of sinking into the mattress, you can consider this type of mattress. But, it can trap heat. Look for the ones with copper, graphite, or gel beads as its top layer.
- Latex: This can be an innerspring or all-foam mattress, but in its comfort layers, you will always find latex. Latex gives it a bouncy feel and makes the mattress breathable.
- Innerspring: The innerspring mattress has a coil core and comes with a strong base. It’s the least expensive mattress available in the market. It offers a bouncy surface and good edge support. The mattress is a good choice for stomach and back sleepers.
- Hybrid: To enjoy the best of both worlds, you should get hybrid mattresses. It combines all properties of innerspring and all-foam mattresses. The comfort layers contain several inches of polyfoam and memory foam. Its core offers breathability and support. The foam layers offer pressure relief.
To be honest, it’s difficult to find a mattress under $100 that is highly durable. We all know we get what we pay for. However, there are a few options under $1000 that are reasonably durable. We recommend you check our reviews to find out about the durability of any mattress you are choosing.
Every type of sleeper has its own need in terms of support and firmness levels. For instance, side sleepers need more comfort for their shoulder and hips; otherwise, these body parts can experience excessive pressure from the mattresses with firmer layers.
On the other hand, stomach and back sleepers require surfaces that keep their shoulders and hips from sagging. The mattress of back and stomach sleepers should ensure adequate spinal alignment.
To learn about firmness, you need an elaborate guide, but let’s just cover the basics. A budget mattress’s firmness ranges from soft to medium. The right firmness level will correlate with your sleeping position and your body size.
Someone with average weight and sleep on the side will experience pressure on the hips and shoulder. Thus, a medium-firm mattress or a soft mattress is a good choice for them. Don’t get swayed away by the great price.
What Is The Most Comfortable Mattress Within An Affordable Range?
Nectar is the most affordable mattress on our list, but we can’t say if it’s the most comfortable one. If you can spend a few more dollars, you can opt for Bear Mattress. Even our top recommendation mattress is not going to make a hole in your pocket.
Why Do I Have Back Ache After Sleeping On A Memory Foam Mattress?
It might be because you are sleeping on the wrong firmness. In case the bed is too firm, it will press against the spine and raise it above the alignment. Again, if it’s too soft, your back is going to sink and misalign your spine.
Which Is Better: The Spring Or Foam Mattress?
Innerspring and foam mattresses are affordable choices. So, it depends on you which one you find comfortable. Many consider foam mattresses to be more comfortable, especially the ones who sleep on their side. Stomach and back sleepers consider the innerspring mattress to be good enough for them.
Connie finished her counseling psychologist program at Ohio State University. Her passion to write helped a lot of people suffering from physical, emotional, and mental issues.
Connie is a sleep specialist and a full-time writer for Sleep Standards. Connie has tested and reviewed over 40 different products and is always up to date on the latest sleep and mattress trends.