Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic: which one should you choose? If you have been indecisive about this thing for long, then you have come to the right place. Many people are of the view that both these mattresses are the same; some even don’t know they are from the same brand.
This is nothing but a misconception. Actually, this misconception arises from the word ‘Pedic’, which comes in both these names.
Don’t worry, in this post, we will conclude the Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic debate once and for all. We will discuss the positives and negatives of both these mattress lines. We will also show you which mattress is best suited for which types of sleepers.
Read on and find out which one of these mattresses come out on top in this Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic comparison review.
Posturepedic Mattresses That We Love:
Tempurpedic Mattresses That We Love:
- Tempur-Pedic 11-Inch Medium Hybrid Foam Mattress
- TEMPUR‐Cloud Prima Medium-Soft Mattress
- Budget Option: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-ProForm Supreme 3-Inch Queen Mattress Topper
What are Posturepedic Mattresses?
Sealy Corporation manufactured multiple mattresses that claim Posturepedic mattresses support your back and provide body alignment.
Posturepedic mattresses are not just foam because these are equipped with innerspring. The manufacturer uses a combination of foam, coil, and fabric in its construction. This combination works together and delivers a better sleeping experience.
Did you know? While sleeping your 50% body weight rests in the middle of the mattress. The manufacturer uses the Posturepedic Technology that has been developed under the orthopedic specialist’s observations to deliver targeted support to your core and back.
The center of the mattress delivers solid support to your back and makes your spine properly aligned. These mattresses also help to release pressure from your body’s stuff points like knees, back, legs, etc.
You will also feel superior support because it aligned your neck and shoulder in a balanced way. The premium quality construction prevents the mattress from sags and bumps, therefore, you can share this mattress with your significant other.
These mattresses are accessible in multiple sizes so you can choose according to your requirements. Posturepedic mattresses provide you a solid and comfortable sleep throughout the night. This is because the manufacturer uses Posturepedic technology along with the coil system, gel-infused foam, and hybrids.
These mattresses are ideal for side sleepers because these mattresses aligned your neck and should in a better way.
Types of Posturepedic Mattresses
Posturepedic mattresses are available in three types such as encased coil, gel-infused, and hybrid mattresses. These types vary in terms of construction, support, and firmness. Posturepedic mattresses are durable, comfortable, and affordable. Each type of mattress delivers targeted support according to your requirements.
Benefits of Posturepedic Mattresses
The best advantage of Posturepedic mattress is that it delivers targeted support according to your posture. That’s why you don’t sink into the mattress as compared to other mattresses.
If you are suffering from backache then Posturepedic mattress should be your first priority. The combination of the firmness level and construction materials delivers superior support to your whole body.
Another great benefit is that the infused gel memory foam regulates the airflow and keeps your body cool. A hot sleeper can stay cool as they are sleeping in a cool and breathable surface. These are accessible in multiple firmness levels; it means that these mattresses are also providing great support to heavyweight sleepers.
The 2.5-inch edge of the Posturepedic mattress comes with an HD solid edge system. For that reason, you will also have a solid support at the edge with this mattress. The mattress equipped with memory foam that always responds according to your body curve for providing targeted support.
If you are looking for a reliable, supportive, and more comfortable mattress at an affordable price, Posturepedic mattress should be your purchase.
Posturepedic Mattresses Pros:
- Delivers targeted support according to your posture
- Infused gel memory foam regulates the airflow and keeps your body cool
- Great edge support
Negatives of Posturepedic Mattresses
You can say that Posturepedic mattresses are a piece of medical equipment that promoted at posture driven sleep as contrasting to comfort. These come with coiled springs and solid base show a problem across the lifelong operation of the product.
If you are a stomach, back, or a combination sleeper, Posturepedic mattress might sometimes not the best option for you. The foam of this type of mattress is too soft for some users. Your body also wants some stiffness and if it is too soft, you might feel aches and pains.
Posturepedic Mattresses Cons:
- The foam can be too soft for some users
Why you should consider Posturepedic?
- There is one thing that you need to keep in mind. By no means, we are saying that Posturepedic is a budget mattress. But in comparison to Tempurpedic, it is a lot affordable.
- Looking for a mattress that is made of high-quality materials? And it should be comfortable to sleep on of course; then there is no better mattress than Posturepedic. This mattress will remain intact for a long time to come and it won’t sag either.
- No matter what your sleep preferences are, you will find a mattress for yourself from Posturepedic. There is a huge range of mattresses from which you can pick.
- Traditionally, if you prefer to sleep on your side then Posturepedic will prove to be a good choice for you.
Why you shouldn’t consider Posturepedic?
- Do you prefer to sleep on your stomach or back? Or maybe you are a combination sleeper; then Posturepedic is not the best option out there on the market to consider.
What are Tempurpedic Mattresses?
Tempurpedic mattresses use the TEMPUR material that is no ordinary memory foam. These mattresses have equipped with special pressure relieving materials. Those materials were originally developed by NASA.
The Tempurpedic mattress provides great stability with a solid base and keeps your body in proper shape. The best thing about the Tempurpedic mattress is that they are unlikely to sag, sink, or bump.
Motion isolation is the ideal feature of this mattress so; you will not disturb the other person with your move. Because the mattress absorbs the motion and delivers a solid comfort. Therefore, you can say the Tempurpedic mattress is ideal for couples. The soft foam also contours your body in a great way.
These mattresses also help to enhance body circulation, which enhances the comfort level and delivers a comfortable sleep. The best feature of the Tempurpedic mattress is that it releases pressure from your body and aligns your body.
The cover of the mattes is cool-to-touch that delivers advanced adaptability for extra support. You will feel relaxed and supportive throughout the night and get a comfortable sleeping experience.
The medium and medium hybrid firmness levels make it ideal for all sized people. It doesn’t matter if you’re a heavyweight, it provides great support and comfort. You can also purchase a specified size according to your requirements because it is accessible in many sizes.
Types of Tempurpedic Mattresses
Tempurpedic mattresses come with three general types such as traditional, air cool, and gel memory foam. Each of them is varying from each other in terms of construction, price, comfort, support, and firmness level. Tempurpedic mattresses are more reliable, durable that delivers legacy support to your body.
Benefits of Tempurpedic Mattresses
If you like to sleep on your back, stomach, or you are a combination sleeper, then you should buy Tempurpedic. It provides excellent support and comfort simultaneously. Another benefit of the mattress is motion isolation, which means that the foam is not transferred to the motion. Therefore, it is ideal for couples.
Additionally, if you are more sensitive and allergic to dust then Tempurpedic is ideal for you. This is because the mattress is antimicrobial that keeps the dust mites away from the mattress. The mattress cuddles your body and delivers a comfortable, supportive good night’s sleep.
If you feel any kind of stiffness in your body, a good sleep on the Tempurpedic mattress releases all the pressure. It gives you a superior-good night sleep.
It contoured your body naturally and aligned it in a proper way. You will find it a more supportive and comfortable mattress. It comes with two firmness levels so it is ideal for all of you. If you are slim and overweight, you can confidently purchase it for enjoying a supportive and comfortable sleep.
Tempurpedic Mattresses Pros:
- Suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers
- Great motion isolation
- Contoured naturally and aligned spine in a proper way
Negatives of Tempurpedic Mattresses
The major drawback of the Tempurpedic mattress is that it is not ideal for a hot sleeper because it does not regulate the airflow in a specific way. You can only use this mattress in winter and there is a need to purchase a cooling mattress topper for summers. Hence, this is an additional expense for you.
It only offers two firmness levels. These are a medium and medium hybrid that is not suitable for all of you. The side sleeper cannot feel supportive and comfortable throughout the night because this firmness is not suitable for them.
They will complain about the stiffness of the neck and shoulder in the morning. Tempurpedic mattresses are not highly durable because of off-gassing. The mattress produces some irritating smell that is not a good option.
Tempurpedic Mattresses Cons:
- Not ideal for hot sleeper
- Limited firmness options
Why you should consider Tempurpedic?
Here are some important aspects that will indicate that Tempurpedic is the better option for you than Posturepedic.
- Tempurpedic is long known for its high-quality services. For this reason, you can expect that the company will install it in your bedroom when you buy it. It can be very fruitful, especially if you live in an apartment on the 7th floor. Tempurpedic provides free of cost delivery as well as installation.
- Another feature of Tempurpedic’s excellent customer service is that they allow you to finance your purchase. Therefore, you can conveniently go for this high-quality mattress even if you are low on budget.
- The brand also allows you to choose from a wide range of mattress lines. It means that you will be able to find the right option for yourself no matter what your sleep preferences are.
- Another thing that we loved about these mattresses is that you can take the cover off for washing. Of course you can always use a topper or mattress cover for this purpose, still, the top layer can get dirty pretty quickly. Washing them will keep your mattress look new for a long time to come.
- When talking about comfort, Tempurpedic mattresses do a pretty fine job. If you are very selective when it comes to comfort then Tempurpedic won’t disappoint you at all.
Why you shouldn’t consider Tempurpedic?
- In the comparison of Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic, Tempurpedic turns out to be more expensive than Posturepedic. And the difference between the two is quite a big one as well. Some of the models have a price difference of more than $1000. Even if the company does provide financing, this is not the ideal option for you if you have a tight budget.
Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic
After understanding what both these product lines are and their types along with their positives and negatives, it’s time to understand how they both compare with each other.
Both these Pedics have been on the market for a long time now. In the old days, comparing both these product lines was a lot easier job than now. Back then Tempurpedic had no spring mattresses and Posturepedic by Sealy began with memory foam mattresses.
Fast forward to the present, both these companies now have a long list of hybrids in their catalogs. Therefore, when it comes to firmness level and any other extra options you can choose any one of them.
Following are some points that are very similar between Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic:
There is no competition here and both these companies offer sleep trials for the same period. This means that none of the brands has an advantage over the other in this scenario. You can test the mattress for a period of time and can change it if you don’t like it for any reason then you can change it with another mattress.
The sleep trials from both the brands are not identical but the difference is non-significant as well. Tempurpedic offers a 90-night sleep trial while Sealy Posturepedic offers a 100-night sleep trial. But both these periods are good enough for you to recognize whether the mattress is good for you or not.
Again both these mattresses offer a good amount of edge support. So if you are looking for a mattress that has edge support then you can choose any of these two. So worries or concerns for you to compare both these brands in this aspect.
Both these mattresses also offer the same firmness as well. They both are medium to medium-firm and you can choose any one of them based on your needs and requirements.
So far we have covered plenty of ground on both these mattress lines. You might have already decided which one is the right option for you. And if you are still indecisive then don’t worry! Here are a few more points to consider:
- If you value customer service then you need to go for Tempurpedic. They offer free of cost delivery and installation, goo guarantee and a lot more.
- If you prefer price then you need to go for Posturepedic, hands down!
- Tempurpedic is a great option for you if you like to sleep on your back or stomach
- Posturepedic is a great option for you if you are a side sleeper.
For any other point, both these companies are pretty similar to each other. They both also have broad categories of mattresses you have a good, solid foundation to come to a conclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I know that I need a new mattress?
We don’t realize that our mattresses are the pieces of furniture that we use the most. If you daily sleep eight hours then you will spend 3000 hours on your mattress in one year. And after ten years the count will become 30,000 on that same mattress. So you need to change your mattress if:
- Your current mattress is more than 8 years old.
- You feel more tired when you wake up as compared to when you slept.
- You feel a lot more comfortable on your couch as compared to your bed.
- Your mattress has become uneven and looks worn out.
- You hear creaks or groans, the surface stats to indent.
How much do I need to spend on a good quality mattress?
It all depends upon how much do you want to spend and how much budget you have. Tempurpedic is pretty expensive if you compare it with Posturepedic. But the customer service and product quality are exceptional as well.
On the other hand, Posturepedic is not that low on quality and customer service. But it does fall short of the standards set by Tempurpedic. However, despite saying that we say that Posturepedic offers better value. It doesn’t break your wallet in half and you can get the same features as Tempurpedic premium quality mattress.
How can I keep my mattress clean?
Keeping your mattress clean is not that complicated task, especially if you use a mattress pad. The only recommended cleaning technique that you can use on a mattress is vacuuming. If there is a stain and you need to clean it then you must use cold water with mild soap. Apply it lightly on the stained area to get rid of the stain.
Make sure that you never soak your mattress or its foundation. Also, keep in mind not to use any of those dry cleaning fluids on the mattress. These fluids can easily damage the upholstery materials of your mattress.
After going through this Posturepedic vs Tempurpedic article, you might have already decided which mattress is going to be in your bedroom.
Tempurpedic is your choice if you want the top-quality customer and after-sale services. But if you are tight on budget then you might feel a bit overwhelmed by the sheer price tags of all the mattresses from this brand. If that the case, then goes with Posturepedic. The service quality is not going to be top-notch here. But you don’t have to break your wallet to get a good night’s sleep either.