Presidents’ Day is coming around this February! As the day rolls around, companies will start offering deals and discounts on different products—including mattresses!
When it comes to sleeping well, your mattress’s role is undeniable. A bed can make or break your sleep experience. So, finding the right mattress can take a bit of time, but it’s not impossible.
With all the incoming sales, now’s the perfect time to get searching for a new mattress! We’ve made matters easier with today’s guide on the best Presidents’ Day mattress sales. We cover the top brands available this season and how to shop this Presidents’ Day sale!
Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales Overview:
- Best Mattress Overall – Amerisleep AS3
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Zoma Hybrid
- Best Value Mattress – Vaya Mattress
- Best Foam Mattress – Tuft & Needle Original
- Best Memory Foam Alternative Mattress: Purple Mattress
- Best Innerspring Mattress – Saatva Classic
- Best Latex Mattress – Avocado Green Mattress
- Best Cooling Mattress – Bear Original
The Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales on 2022 - Reviewed
1. Amerisleep AS3 - Best Mattress Overall
The Amerisleep AS3 easily tops our list for its balanced feel and plant-based design. Made in the USA, this premium memory foam mattress offers enough cushioning for side sleepers, combination sleepers, and couples.
Amerisleep mattresses are primarily sold online. However, you can find them in certain showrooms across the US. There are Amerisleep showrooms in Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, and Texas.
- The AS3 features proprietary Bio-Pur® foam built to relieve pressure. Made with castor oil, Bio-Pur® is cushiony but also breathable and long-lasting.
- The AS3’s transition layer contains HIVE®, a support technology split into five zones. The layer is firmest under the head, back, and legs, and then soft under the shoulders and hips.
- As a CertiPUR-US® certified mattress, the AS3 won’t off-gas.
- Generous 100-night sleep trial and 20-year sleep trial covers sagging and workmanship defects.
- Amerisleep Presidents’ Day mattress sales include a free gift set: two free pillows, a free mattress protector, a comforter, and luxury sheets.
- If Amerisleep mattresses intrigue you, check out our Amerisleep Mattress Review!
2. Zoma Hybrid - Best Hybrid Mattress
Today’s runner-up is the Zoma Hybrid, a gel foam mattress built for athletes. It’s unique design is built to enhance your sleep quality while also boosting muscle recovery and physical performance.
With its medium-soft feel, this mattress is a great choice for side sleepers, petite people, and people struggling with joint pain. Under its mesh cover is gel foam and pocketed coils.
- Gel-infused foam provides ample cushioning to the hips, shoulders, and lower back. At the same time, it doesn’t trap heat or moisture.
- The Zoma Hybrid contains Reactiv™, a transition foam similar to latex. It ensures your body stays aligned without sinking to prevent stiffness and aches.
- A combination of pocketed coils and a thin foam foundation make up the base of the bed. The pocketed coils are extra-firm on the sides of the bed maximize edge support and prevent sagging.
- During Presidents’ Day, you can receive free sleep accessories. This includes two free pillows, a sheet set, and a duvet.
- The Zoma Hybrid includes a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
3. Vaya Mattress - Best Value Mattress
Sleep in comfort with the Vaya Mattress, a budget-friendly bed with a medium feel. It’s great for all types of sleepers, including children, single sleepers, and adults. Plus, the twin mattress makes a great first big kid bed for your toddlers!
This all-foam mattress is great for its versatility. It works on all types of foundations and supports most sleeping positions. The Vaya Mattress is made from two layers of foam and has a stretchy knit cover.
- Vaya Comfort Foam mimics latex, being cool, springy, and supportive. You won’t sink too deeply into this bed but the foam still cushions your curves and sides well.
- Vaya Base Foam is built to reduce structural damage such as sinking or lumping. Not only that, but it plays a critical role in your comfort and spinal support.
- Every Vaya Mattress pillow includes two free pillows.
- Every mattress purchase includes a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year limited warranty.
4. Tuft & Needle - Best Foam Mattress
Not only is the Tuft & Needle Original mattress a popular bed, but it’s one of the most affordable options on the market. With a medium-firm feel, we recommend the T&N Original to stomach and back sleepers.
Although it’s made from only two layers of foam, the Tuft & Needle Original mattress has a luxurious feel and provides incomparable comfort. And despite being a foam bed, it doesn’t trap heat and leave you feeling sweaty at night.
- Tuft & Needle Adaptive® foam is made from graphite and cooling gel to prevent heat retention. It cushions your body parts without leaving you feeling hot or “trapped” in bed.
- A thick layer of supportive base foam prevents you from sinking into the mattress. It also ensures a healthy spine and is resistant to sagging and wear.
- A mattress purchase of the T&N Original comes with a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
5. Purple Mattress - Best Memory Foam Alternative Mattress
One of the most unique mattresses on today’s list is the Purple Mattress. Made by the well-known Purple company, this popular mattress has a medium-firm feel. Unlike most other beds, this mattress is made from Hyper-Elastic Polymer™, a buoyant foam-like material.
Hyper-Elastic Polymer™—coined as the GelFlex Grid™—is a stretchy and adaptive material that rapidly flexes under your body.
- GelFlex Grid™ adapts as your move, snapping back into shape when you get out of bed. The gel infusions in the grid further promotes breathability so hot sleepers rest peacefully.
- With over 1,400 cooling air channels, the Purple Mattress stays temperature neutral so you’re comfortable.
- A combination of comfort foam and base foam work together to create one long-lasting and reliable foundation.
- A softer variation of the bed is the Purple Plus. It contains four layers for extra cushioning to cradle the heaviest parts of your body—the hips, shoulders, and lower back.
- Purple provides a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty with every mattress purchase.
If this mattress piques your interest, read more about it on our Purple Mattress Review.
6. Saatva Classic - Best Innerspring Mattress
The Saatva Classic is the most luxurious mattress on today’s list. This high end innerspring mattress features a dual-coil design and a luxurious euro pillow top.
We’ve put the Saatva Classic mattress on our list for its organic cotton cover, patented support, and reinforced edges. Many mattresses are only available in one firmness and thickness, but the Saatva Classic mattress is available in plush soft, luxury firm, or firm and 11.5 or 14.5 inches thick.
Its cushioning euro pillow top is made from with zoned support. That, plus a patented memory foam and wire technology optimize back support. This prevents sinking and keeps your spine aligned to reduce pain. With hundreds (and up to thousands) of steel springs, the Saatva Classic is immensely buoyant, durable, and breathable.
- A thick foam perimeter protects the steel coils from sticking out and provides reinforced support.
- Dual-coil system conforms to the body for optimal relief.
- The different mattress firmnesses and thicknesses means this bed will work for a wider range of sleepers.
- For this Presidents’ Day sale, receive two pillows and a mattress protector at a discounted price with every mattress purchase.
- The Saatva Classic includes a 180-night sleep trial, a 15-year warranty, and free white glove shipping.
Learn more about the Saatva Classic with our Saatva Classic Review.
7. Avocado Green - Best Latex Mattress
The Avocado Green Mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress from Avocado, an eco-conscious mattress brand focused on latex and hybrid beds.
This latex hybrid bed is available in either a standard or pillow-top version. The standard is 11 inches thick and medium-firm, which suits stomach and back sleepers. The pillow-top is 13 inches thick and has a medium feel suitable for side sleepers, combo sleepers, and couples.
The Avocado Green Mattress is remarkable for its wide range of health and quality certifications. It’s GOLS organic, GOTS organic, MADE SAFE®, FSC, Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®, and GREENGUARD Gold certified. Also, Avocado beds are Climate Neutral certified as of 2019.
- Avocado maximizes durability by hand-tufting rosettes into the Avocado Green’s organic cotton cover. The cotton works to dissipate body heat and moisture as well.
- The standard Avocado Green contains a 3-inch thick Dunlop latex comfort layer for extra firmness and support. The pillow-top model features a 5-inch layer of organic latex for optimal cushioning.
- As a natural mattress, the Avocado Green features organic wool batting to act as the bed’s flame barrier. It also functions as extra cushioning and a temperature regulator.
- The steel pocket springs inside the bed are divided into five ergonomic zones to align the spine and soothe pressure. Air can circulate between the steel springs to prevent hot sleeping.
If you’re interested in shopping more conscientiously and reducing your carbon footprint, read our in depth reviews about the Best Organic Mattresses.
8. Bear Original - Best Cooling Mattress
Bear is a company seeking to offer simple but effective mattresses for all types of sleepers. They currently have three different mattresses on their line-up, with their most popular being the Bear Original.
The Bear Original mattress is 10 inches thick and scores 7.1 out of 10 on a mattress firmness scale. Its medium-firm feel is suited for stomach and back sleepers. Along with that, it’s a popular memory foam mattress for people dealing with back pain.
The Bear mattress is built to soothe pain, disperse body heat, and deepen your sleep. It’s made up of three layers of foam.
- Celliant® cover transforms heat into energy for enhanced recovery and breathability.
- Graphite and gel-infused foam and buoyant transition foam provides a balance of cushiony pressure relief and spinal support.
- Score some free accessories with your mattress purchase during Bear’s Presidents’ Day sale. This includes two cloud pillows, a mattress topper, mattress protector, and a sheet set.
- Every Bear Original mattress purchase comes with a 365-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
Types of Mattresses Available During Presidents’ Day
During Presidents’ Day, you’ll find all types of beds available for a reduced price. This broadens your options and ensures everyone finds something right for them during these sales.
Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam mattresses are well-known for their “hug-like” feel and pressure relief. The foam contours to your curves to cushion your hips, shoulders, and lower back without feeling overly soft or unsupportive.
Since traditional foam tends to overheat, look for plant-based or gel memory foam. Plant-based and gel memory foam won’t retain body heat so you sleep undisturbed.
Latex mattresses are a natural foam option great for hot sleepers, allergy sufferers, and eco-conscious people. A latex mattress is more buoyant and breathable than a memory foam mattress, which works well for people who don’t like the same “hug-like” feel of foam.
There are two main types of natural latex: Talalay and Dunlop. Talalay latex is a bit softer, being known for its immense pressure-relieving properties. Dunlop is firmer, making for a suitable mattress base or comfort layer for extra-firm mattresses.
Innerspring mattresses are a tried and true classic. They’re made from hundreds of steel coils that provide undeniable bounce and spinal support. Innerspring beds don’t overheat easily because the coils leave lots of room for air circulation, making them a great selection for hot sleepers.
Innerspring mattresses feature pillow tops or Euro tops as their comfort layers. They’re often made of fibrous materials such as cotton, down, feathers, polyester, and sometimes shredded foam.
Hybrid mattresses are becoming increasingly popular and taking over from traditional innerspring mattresses. Unlike innerspring beds, a hybrid mattress contains pocketed coils, meaning each spring is separate from the other and wrapped in fabric. This maximizes motion transfer and pressure relief without inhibiting breathability and support.
Rather than just containing a thin pillow top, a hybrid mattress contains foam comfort layers. Some even have both comfort layers and pillow tops. This provides maximum pressure and pain relief, similar to with foam mattresses.
How to Choose a Mattress Firmness
Picking a mattress firmness is a major part of mattress shopping, but it’s not difficult! Determine the sleeping position you sleep in the most to decide on the correct mattress firmness.
The most common issues with side sleeping is hip and shoulder pain or poor spinal support. Offset these issues with a soft to medium mattress. These mattresses for side sleepers provide support for your spine without leading to stiffness and pain to your hips and shoulders.
Back sleepers should use medium to medium-firm mattresses. These mattresses for back sleeping offer just enough support to align the spine, but provide cushioning for the lower back to prevent pressure point pain.
Stomach sleepers need the firmest mattresses to align their backs and prevent painful sinkage. Ideally, use a medium-firm to firm mattress for stomach sleeping for optimal spinal alignment.
Combination sleepers need a balanced mattress to support them regardless of what position they sleep in. We often recommend medium mattresses for combo sleepers for their balance of cushioning and support.
Best Times to Buy a Mattress
Presidents’ Day isn’t the only time for the best mattress deals. There are distinct periods throughout the year where countless brands will the best mattress sales on select mattresses. These times are your best chance of getting a good deal on a bed.
Unsurprisingly, the best times of the year to buy a mattress are around sale seasons. Like most other companies, mattress manufacturers offer steep and generous discounts, meaning there are lots of ways to save.
Some of the most common sale seasons of the year include:
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
- New Year
- Fourth of July
- Memorial Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Labor Day
The End of the Year
New Year and New Year’s Eve are great times to go mattress shopping. At the end of the year, brands are trying to sell the rest of their products from the spring and summer. The beds available at the end of the year aren’t old or used, they’ve likely just been sitting in storage and are waiting for someone to buy them.
Late Winter and Early Spring
The end of winter and start of spring—around March, April, and May—is when lots of mattress companies have sales. This is because lots of brands roll out new products at the end of spring and start of summer. So to make room for new inventory, they put huge discounts on older models.
Don’t let the thought of buying “old” mattresses scare you. The mattresses companies put on sale have never been used and are often just sitting in storage. Plus, the technologies in mattress don’t drastically change from year to year. It’s doubtful that the new mattresses are drastically different from the ones on sale.
Tips for Buying a Mattress During Presidents’ Day
Finding great deals on a bed during Presidents’ Day mattress sales doesn’t have to be difficult. Once you’ve determined your budget, you can easily compare brands and mattresses. Be sure to find a mattress that still offers their full range of policies to ensure you don’t risk your investment.
Shop Online, Not In-Store
While many people lean towards mattress shopping in-store, you may find better President’s Day mattress deals and better prices when shopping online. There’s little benefit to seeing and feeling a mattress in person prior to purchase since those beds are often worn-out. It’s unlikely that showroom mattresses will feel the same when you take them home.
Online, you have a wide selection of mattresses to choose from. And online-only mattress brands are typically cheaper in comparison to the brands sold in showrooms. You may be able to find better deals, discounts, and bundles by sticking to online stores.
Stick to Your Budget
Just because some mattress deals look great doesn’t mean you can afford them. Say your budget is $1000. One mattress may be 40-percent off while the other is only $250 off, but that first mattress may still cost $1500 while the second may only cost $750!
Don’t get excited over deals that sound a little too good and focus on what mattresses fit within the budget you’ve set. Realistically, a good mattress can cost you anywhere from $500 to $2000.
Even with a tight budget, you can bundle and save on free accessories such as free pillows, mattress protectors, and mattress toppers. Select mattresses may include a free adjustable base, foundation, and bed frames. You might even score a free weighted blanket!
Check Company Policies
When shopping for discounted mattresses, some brands may nullify their regular policies. This may mean your mattress has a reduced warranty, no sleep trial, or is final sale. While some people may not mind this, if you’re unsure if the bed you’re buying is absolutely perfect, these extra precautions are important.
Look for mattress companies who will still offer their regular policies for items on sale. This way, you don’t end up wasting money on a bed you dislike. The policies to look out include free shipping and returns, sleep trials, and warranties.
What’s the best mattress for lower back pain?
When struggling with chronic lower back pain, it’s important to use a medium-firm mattress. These beds provide enough support to align the back and spine, but won’t cause pressure build-up around your lower back. This way, you sleep comfortably and can relieve your lower back issues.
The best mattresses for lower back pain are the Amerisleep AS2 Hybrid, Zoma Mattress, Vaya Mattress, and Purple Mattress.
What are the best mattresses for hip and shoulder pain?
Hip and shoulder pain is a common issue when side sleeping, but is resolvable with the right mattress. We recommend side sleepers with hip and shoulder pain use medium-soft or soft mattresses to properly cushion their bodies.
The best mattresses for hip and shoulder pain include the Amerisleep AS4, Zoma Hybrid, Saatva Classic, and Purple Hybrid Premier 4.
How often should you replace your mattress?
Ideally, you should replace your mattress every 8 to 10 years. After this amount of time, you may notice your bed becoming saggy, lumpy, and developing a large indent towards the center. With lumps and soft spots, mattresses become unsupportive and can lead to pain or difficulty sleeping.
When’s the best time to buy a mattress?
The best times of the year to buy a mattress are around sale seasons such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Labor Day, and so on. Similarly, the end of the year, the end of winter, and the end of spring are all common times for mattresses to go on sale.
During these times, brands put their current beds on sale to make room for new product. You may be able to bundle and save or receive free accessories such as pillows, premium adjustable mattress sets, and more.
How do I get the best deal on a mattress?
Finding the best deals on a bed starts with deciding on your budget. From there, you can find the best deals. Get the best bang for your buck by shopping online for a bed as prices are generally lower. Compare different brands and mattress types to narrow down your options.
It’s crucial to look for sales throughout the year to save money. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, New Year, and similar sale seasons are often when mattress prices are best. You can find bundles, discounts, and more during major sale seasons. Some brands offer free gifts including pillows, mattress toppers, and comforter sets!
Presidents’ Day mattress sales can be daunting to manuever, but it’s not impossible. Once you’ve set your budget and know what type of bed you want, you can easily narrow down your options.
Be sure to read reviews (both ours and customers’!) to get a better understanding of how different mattresses feel! This way, you can take advantage of the best Presidents’ Day mattress sale for you!
Chris was a psychiatrist and neurologist with board certification in sleep medicine Clinical Associate Professor at the University of California. For over 10 years, he served and helped patients at Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital with their sleeping disorders.
After suffered from sleep disorders for years, Chris has been passionate about sleep health ever since. He wants to help others sleep better and wanted to make the world of sleep easy to understand for everyday people.